With growing concern regarding the spread and effects of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, KBS is paying close attention to the updates provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
KBS believes in a proactive approach to health and wellness, which we will continue to pass onto our customers. The CDC tells us that the virus is spread mainly from person to person in two ways:
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, and then droplets are inhaled into the lungs.
- Between people who are in close contact with a person infected
Using common-sense precautions can help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus:
- Clean your hands. It is vital to maintain good personal hygiene like regular hand washing. This will reduce the risk of infecting others and yourself. Good hand hygiene includes consistent hand washing with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue when coughing or sneezing. Then dispose of the tissue in the proper trash collection bin. If a tissue is not available cough or sneeze into your sleeve rather than your hands. Then have the clothing laundered as soon as possible.
- Wash your hands after you cough or sneeze. Using an alcohol-based hand cleaner has also proved effective.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from the illness.
- Stay home when you are sick or have flu-like symptoms to avoid spreading illness.
- Get plenty of rest and check with your health care provider as needed.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth as this is often how germs are spread from the contaminated area to a person.
- Do not share eating utensils, drinking glasses, towels, or other personal items.
- Practice good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, drink plenty of fluids, eat nutritious foods, and avoid smoking. Smoking may increase the risk of serious complications if you do contract a virus.
Please reach out to your day-to-day KBS contact to discuss additional deep cleaning and disinfecting of potential cross-contamination points. We welcome the opportunity to also assist new customers. Please contact us at 800-537-1375 or email@example.com to learn more.