Join the KBS Team!
Janitorial Zone Manager
- Indianapolis, IN
- Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION IDENTIFICATION
- Job Title: Zone Manager
- Department: Operations
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
- Reports To: Regional Zone Manager
- Status: Full Time
For over 70 years, Kellermeyer Bergensons Services (KBS) has delivered best-in-class property services to major retailers, healthcare, churches, and commercial facilities across the United States. Our core services are janitorial, facilities repair and maintenance, landscape management, and parking lot maintenance services. Kellermeyer Bergensons is reliable, cost-effective, and professional. Our property services offerings allow our customers the option to bundle a combination of services or to select single services.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Zone Manager supervises and facilitates cleaning operations for customers in an assigned territory. Responsible for planning, directing participating, and overseeing crew members and subcontractors, ensuring performance expectations are met. Develops and maintains professional working relationships with all clients in accordance with their contracts.
- Coordinates and supports the cleaning of customer sites/locations in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by the customer contract and management
- Supporting sites with active supervision and cleaning of facilities
- Confers with customers and subcontractors to evaluate and provide improved and expanded services in the area
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with each client and ensure the client is retained through providing the best service levels in accordance with their contract
- Develops and implements plans for efficient use of materials, machines, effective cleaning processes
- Reviews subcontractor work, site conditions/quality and maintains cleaning schedules in accordance with customer’s requirements
- Visit accounts as prescribed on their portfolio and submit completed audit inspection reports as directed by their manager
- Assure that customers’ needs are expeditiously addressed with a sense of urgency meeting response time requirements
- Keeps the operations office informed regarding customer concerns and needs, and ensures that all issues are
- Preparation and timely submission of daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required by management.
- Occasional overnight shifts will be required
- Responsible for making minor repairs and adjustments to equipment and / or submitting a service order for major repairs if needed.
- Other tasks and projects requested by the customer and/or KBS leadership team
- Possess problem-solving ability that enables you to identify and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Supervisor experience assuring effective cleaning processed are followed
- Project management experience coordinating project plans, communicating changes and progress, while meeting project deadlines within budget
- Writes clearly and informatively and can read and interpret written information
- Experience with delegating work assignments by matching the responsibility to the person
- Exhibits confidence to lead and motivates others to perform well
- Managing staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
- Travel is required for this position
- Reliable transportation is required to travel from site to site
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Industry experience in aspects of cleaning retail or institutional buildings
- Establishes priorities to deliver results efficiently
- Demonstrates orientation to detail and organization
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and employees
- Demonstrates effective planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times
- Ability to follow appropriate safety guidelines
- Displays willingness to make decisions by exhibiting sound and accurate judgment
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
- Experience in the cleaning industry required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Must be able to learn how to use KBS Force which is proprietary software used daily to manage budgets, complete audits, payroll, and attendance as well as electronic hiring
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to be on their feet most of the day and walk several miles each day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Building and warehouse, which may include varying temperatures and moderate noise levels.
- The site environment may have varying workstations and varying interactions with customers and staff.
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours, and wet or uneven surfaces
What's In It For You?
- Supportive work environment shifts that accommodate your needs.
KBS considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression, marital or military status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KBS also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.