Join the KBS Team!
Janitorial Project Crew Lead
- Kahului, HI
- Full Time
- Mid Level
For over 70 years, Kellermeyer Bergensons Services (KBS) has delivered best-in-class property services to major retailers, healthcare, churches, and commercial facilities across the United States. Our core services are janitorial, facilities repair and maintenance, landscape management, and parking lot maintenance services. Kellermeyer Bergensons is reliable, cost-effective, and professional. Our property services offerings allow our customers the option to bundle a combination of services or to select single services.
These are hourly, non-exempt, positions. Se Habla Español.
Work Schedule: Varies.
Reports To: Zone Manager
Description: Project Leads are responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction, & bonneting) areas that include offices, classrooms, lobbies, entrances, stairwells, and other public areas. Knowledge of many different floor coverings is helpful. The Project Lead completes all duties in accordance with the Jan OPS Cleaning System. The Project Lead keeps the Area Supervisor informed of all major activities.
- Perform spot removal, extraction, bonnet cleaning, strip/wax, scrub/recoat, seal/grout, etc.
- Scrub, shine, clean, and repair carpeted and non-carpeted areas using appropriate equipment and chemicals.
- Clean floors and stairways by sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming
- Move large furniture and objects when necessary, and follow safety guidelines to prevent injury to themselves and others.
- Keep janitor closet neat, clean, and organized
- Follow manufacturer’s specifications for preparing chemicals and using equipment
- Ensure building doors and windows are secure and locked
- Report to supervisor needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions requiring additional service
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by Area Supervisor or Area Manager Requirements
- Traveling (including inter-island travel) is required and must have reliable transportation. Must be available anytime.
Personal: Dependable, honest, strong work ethic, motivated, professional appearance and hygiene, communication skills, team player
Physical: Able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds; able to kneel, crawl, and squat periodically; able to stand and walk for extended periods; able to reach above head and shoulders continuously; able to climb stairs and ladders
Technical: Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, and supplies preferred, but not required. Experience/Education: High school diploma preferred; one year of prior floor care experience preferred.