Join the KBS Team!
Janitorial Crew Member
- Renton, WA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
KBS is looking for a motivated, high-energy Crew Member that performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in building adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in a clean, orderly, and functional condition. Our food processing plant is looking for a hardworking Sanitation Worker. In this role, you will use USDA-approved chemicals to disinfect surfaces, sanitize all components of our food production and processing equipment, and ensure that there is no unnecessary waste along the assembly line. You will also clean the floors, ensure that the building ventilation is clean and working correctly, and refill sanitary products and soap in the bathrooms. Since we provide consumable products for sale and distribution to the public, we expect you to report any potential contamination issues. You may be asked to help with other packaging or processing tasks as needed.
These are hourly, non-exempt, full-time positions. Se Habla Español.
As a Food Safety Team Member, you will be protecting our nation's food supply during every shift. This includes performing PSSI's verified 8-Step Sanitation process. Other duties include:
- Physical activities such as lifting, pushing, and pulling of sanitation equipment
- Working with and around PSSI issued sanitation chemicals; we will teach you!
- Required use of specific safety protocols; we will train you!
- Working in wet, hot, and or cold environments; we will provide the gear!
Supervision: The Crew Member position reports to the Crew Leader.
- Disassembles and sets up all production equipment, cleans all equipment using COP and CIP systems, verifies the proper cleaning and set-up of all equipment, puts away production and sanitation materials, drives material handling equipment, monitors/tests chemical concentration of all CIP systems.
- Maintains CIP Chart Recorders. Documents necessary information on charts and CIP logs.
- Takes inventory of sanitation supplies. Uses bioluminescence technology to verify CIP systems.
- Responsible for performing tasks according to the plant Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Responsible for basic troubleshooting of all Sanitation equipment.
- Trains new Associates on required skill sets for Environmental Operations.
- Maintains work area in a safe and orderly fashion according to GMP and Safety guidelines.
- Operates Rich’s SCADA system and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Performs any other related miscellaneous duties assigned by Lead person.
- Will be required to train in other areas of the plant as required by the Skillblock program, which may include: Valve and Pump PM program.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year work experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have the ability to train other Associates in Sanitation/Environmental operations
- Must have the desire and ability to operate as a member of a Self-Directed work team
- Must be proficient on Rich’s SCADA system
- Has an awareness of and the ability to follow Associate Safety guidelines
- Has an awareness of and the ability to follow GMP and Food Safety guidelines
- Understands proper machine operating and adjusting procedures
- Must have the ability to work in and contribute to Production Improvement, Associate Involvement and Temporary Teams, as assigned
- Ability to carry out detailed oral or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training
- Disposition to perform other duties as assigned
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25 pounds
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in and around the facility with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter-mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
What's In It For You?
Supportive work environment shifts that accommodate your needs.
KBS considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression, marital or military status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KBS also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.