Join the KBS Team!
Janitor Site Manager
- Kansas City, MO
- Full Time
- Entry Level
JOB DESCRIPTION IDENTIFICATION
Job Title: Site Manager
Department: Janitorial Operations
FLSA: Full Time/Exempt
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
KBS Site Managers reporting directly to SVP of Operations servicing client sites are expected to provide an excellent experience to our customers and our KBS employees in a fast-paced environment, complex operations facility over 1 million square feet. This position is responsible for all operational, fiscal financial, and labor planning aspects including budgeting and workforce management, driving efficiencies and cost savings; setting clear goals and objectives for quality of services, operational productivity, and employee safety with a “Consider it done” innovative approach. The Site Manager may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Experience in large distribution warehouse
- 10 Hour OSHA certification training for general industry
- OSHA standards Forklift/Scissor lift operator certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in janitorial operations strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory and leadership experience in distribution centers
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal/external customers and employees
- Skilled in critical thinking with the ability to multitask and balance strategy and execution
- Ability to manage change and use good judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional relationship management and ability to build rapport with customers
- Experienced with application of human resources process and procedures, including full staffing lifecycle, interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions, and terminations
- Posses a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to walk/stand for a period of 10-12 hours in an environment of variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variations
- Responsible for operational financial budget, labor planning, and cost optimization
- Provides direct supervision of assigned janitorial operations personnel
- Ensures proper training for all personnel in their respective positions
- Measures performance, provides feedback and develops staff setting clear expectations ensuring employee safety is a priority committing to timely incident reporting procedures
- Collaborates with team to ensure coordination and successful execution of daily operations, resolving deficiencies in a timely manner
- Maintains coverage for all 3 shifts by coordinating and collaborating with shift leads confirming daily schedules
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures and issues disciplinary actions where needed
- Implements company use of machinery and safety programs including forklift training
- Manages chemicals and supply inventory ensures employee safety and use of proper PPE
- Other tasks and projects deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by the customer and/or KBS leadership team
- Janitorial Operations Team:
- Shift Leads
- Pit Staff
- Crew Members
For over 70 years, Kellermeyer Bergensons Services (KBS) has delivered best-in-class property services to major retailers, healthcare, churches, and commercial facilities across the United States. Our core services are janitorial, facilities repair and maintenance, landscape management, and parking lot maintenance services. Kellermeyer Bergensons Services is reliable, cost-effective, and professional. Our property services offerings allow our customers the option to bundle a combination of services or to select single services.
What's In It For You?
Supportive work environment, shifts that accommodate your needs, an opportunity to accelerate your career, and work with a great team! We are hiring immediately – apply today!
KBS considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression, marital or military status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KBS also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.