Join the KBS Team!
Forklift Driver - Ottawa, IL
- Ottawa, IL
- Full Time
Company Overview: For over 70 years, Kellermeyer Bergensons Services (KBS) has delivered best-in-class property services to major retailers and commercial facilities across the United States. Our core services are janitorial, facilities repair and maintenance, landscape management, and parking lot maintenance services. Kellermeyer Bergensons is reliable, cost-effective, and professional. Our property services offerings allow our customers the option to bundle a combination of services or to select single services.
Job Summary: Operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines, and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities.
These are hourly, non-exempt, positions.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
1st Shift - 5am - 3:30pm
2nd Shift: 4pm - 2:30am
Work Schedule: Friday - Sunday
1st Shift - 5am - 5:30pm
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks or aircraft
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math, language, and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
- A high degree of attention is required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely, and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- A clean driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license may be required
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
KBS considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression, marital or military status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KBS also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.