Join the KBS Team!
Custodian Shift Lead
- Solon, OH
- Full Time
- Entry Level
These are hourly, non-exempt, positions.
1st Shift: 6 am – 2:30 pm
2nd Shift: 2 pm – 10:30 pm
3rd Shift: 10 pm - 6:30 am
Supervision: The Shift Lead position reports to the Site Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, stairways, and windows.
- Sweep, remove debris, clean spills, and mop floors throughout the sales floor and seating area.
- Regularly check the trash receptacles, emptying as needed, in all areas of the site.
- Collect, consolidate, and separate recycling into proper receptacles.
- Clean windows and mirrored surfaces; polish stainless steel surfaces.
- Dust fixtures, shelves, and products as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the customer and team member restrooms (includes cleaning and policing as needed).
- Complete sweep logs, as directed.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor daily.
- Building and warehouse cleaning
- Maintenance work.
- Ability to carry out detailed oral or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training
- Disposition to perform other duties as assigned
- Availability to work evenings
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in and around the facility with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter-mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- The office environment has minimum hazards, which may include varying temperatures and moderate noise levels.
- The site environment may have varying temperatures, varying workstations, and varying interactions with customers and staff. The noise level is usually moderate.
- Facilities are over a quarter-mile in length
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours, and wet or uneven surfaces
- Occasionally work occurs in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
What's In It For You?
Supportive work environment shifts that accommodate your needs.
KBS considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression, marital or military status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KBS also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.