KBS, the largest privately held facility services company in the nation with 100,000+ active client locations, is currently searching for a Janitor/Custodian. The person in this janitorial/custodian position is a motivated individual that loves to clean and has high attention to detail. The Janitor/Custodian will perform general cleaning and upkeep for a large distribution center or warehouse center, typically a building that has more than 1 million square feet, schools, medical facilities, or office buildings. These are hourly, non-exempt, positions.
These are hourly, non-exempt, positions. Se Habla Español.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; available to work weekends.
Work Shift: MON-SUN, (Days off may vary), 3a-11a
Supervision: The Crew Member position reports to the Crew Leader.
- Clean and maintain building floor surfaces, including but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming, and spot cleaning
- Clean furniture, walls, glass, mirrors, fixtures, machines, and other equipment (e.g., dust, wash, vacuum, and polish)
- Gather and empty trash
- Service, clean and supply restrooms
- Follow safety guidelines and procedures
- Be a good steward of the facility
- Maintain supply closet
- Must successfully pass KBS background check and may be required to pass a drug test depending on the location being serviced; in healthcare settings, a drug test is required
- Janitorial/housekeeping or comparable experience is a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- General familiarity with cleaning best practices
- Knows how to set work priorities to work independently but can also coordinate work priorities to work as a member of a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work for efficiencies without minimizing work results
- Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, and supplies with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and safe handling for chemicals sheets/documents (generally in English; may have in Spanish where state required)
- Dependable, honest, strong work ethic, motivated, professional appearance and hygiene, communication skills, team player
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full-time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- QuickPay offered through DailyPay for FT and PT
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan